14 January 2012

Saturday Lunch Date with Mommy

My mom told me she has been craving Hainan Chicken from Savoy Kitchen (all the way in Alhambra!) since Thursday night. She was saying that it was a goal of hers to go this weekend. I didn't want her to so far alone, so we made plans to go this morning!

We ordered the famed Hainan Chicken and rice dish with only dark meat. Dark meat is definitely my favorite type of chicken meat, aside from the skin. The chicken was very moist and juicy, and perfectly paired with their ginger sauce. I'm not one to eat spicy food or sauces, but they had a chili sauce to dip in, and it was pretty tasty. I ordered Chrysanthemum tea and my mom ordered the iced tea with lemon; both were yummy! The bill was only $23 for the both of us, so the prices were pretty reasonable for the quality of food.

Savoy Kitchen
138 E. Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 308-9535

No comments: