You will need:
1 1/3 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (110 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coating you'll need:
1/5 cup (30 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line your baking sheet if you wish. I used my Silpat.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
4. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth (about 3 minutes).
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
(I left mine out for way too long, it was too melted.. Ugh)
It should be smooth and creamy. Mine isn't because the butter's too melted.
5. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat well.
6. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
7. My dough was too soft from the too-soft butter, so I had to chill it for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, I made my coating. Just mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
Roll into balls
Dip and cover with coating
9. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
10. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a cup. I used my measuring cup.
11. Bake for about 8 minutes, depending on the size. But after 8 minutes, they are a bit soft still.. so bake 1-2 minutes longer if you like crispy cookies.